Wednesday 19 January 2011

Evaluation

1/ In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge the form and conventions of real media products representing a particular social group?

2/ How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My magazine represents young, female, teenagers by using music artists and colour schemes that appeal to them.

3/ What kinds of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I would want IPC Media to publish my magazine because they have a lot of experience as they have published many magazines including Marie Claire and NME. They don't however have a music magazine for young females so it is a niche in the market for this publisher.

4/ Who would be the audience for you media product?

My target audience is young, female, teenagers who enjoy music and knowing about their favourite artists.

5/ How did you attract/ address your audience?

I used a model at the same age and attractive that my audience can relate to easily. The picture was specifically taken to look fun and interesting and I used informal language so it feels more personal to the reader. It has bright colours that would attract a younger audience and the poster pictures look stuck on like a scrapbook again making it more personal.

6/ What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I used photoshop a lot to get rid of any blemishes on the model and changing backgrounds. I also had an accident with the lollipop and it snapped. I had to selotape it together then blur the crack on photoshop. I also have learnt how to use Blogger and been able to upload pictures and edit posts.

7/ Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

When I look back at my preliminary task I feel my knowledge has increased considerably. My IT skills have advanced with photoshop, Blogger and publisher. I have gained insight into the process of developing a media product. I now have better understanding on this aspect and how much planning and construction it actually takes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment